AC Replacement in Mobile, AL
Conveniently Upgrade or Replace Your Air Conditioning Unit in Southwest Alabama
Summers in Mobile can be quite hot. In fact, they are sometimes downright unbearable. You need a reliable AC unit that will be able to keep up with the heat each and every day. However, many homeowners are not aware that they may be in need of either upgrading or replacing their units. Daycool Heating & Air offers air conditioning replacement in Mobile, Theodore, Daphne, and beyond, that will ensure you don’t get stuck in the heat.
There are many situations where your current system may not be able to handle the job at hand.
The most common reasons for AC replacement include:
- Undersized units for large spaces - If you're adding to your home, or not getting enough cooling as is, then upgrading your AC is usually the best bet to cover your entire home or business.
- Old age of the cooling unit - On average AC units last about 8-12 years depending on use, environment or maintenance levels. If your unit is over 10 years old and broken down consult our Mobile AC replacement team before sinking more money into repairing a dying unit.
- Lack of efficiency and increased utility costs - As HVAC units age, they'll get less efficient as time goes on. What this means is that you'll pay extra in utility bills until you either get a new unit or fix your current one.
- Repair after repair - At some point, the umpteenth repair call is going to cost more than AC replacement, and you're going to have to replace the unit soon enough anyway. Also, be careful with any expensive repairs on older units, your often better off making the switch than pumping more money into a dying unit.
Optimizing Your Cooling System
Technology and design have come a long way in recent years and you may have options that weren’t available when you installed your current system. Some simple changes may also make a world of difference in the feel of your home.
Some questions you should consider about your system include:
- Is your system straining to do its job? Do you have temperature variations, constant running, or other signs of an undersized or inefficient system?
- Have your needs changed? Have the kids moved out, and you no longer need to keep their wing of the house and the second family room warm or cool? Is there a mother-in-law living with you now who would like to have her area of the house a little warmer, and on a constant basis? Could you adjust the temperature while you are gone and save some money? Did you just finish an attic or garage area, and now you want climate control? Maybe you live in a historic home, and there were never ducts put in the upper floors.
- Are your utility bills unusually high? There are newer Energy Star units available, and if yours is pretty old, it may be time to invest in a better unit. The old ducts may be leaky. Maybe condensation is an issue. Have you noticed an unusual smell when you started the furnace and are wondering what is living in the ductwork?
- Did your cooling unit die?
In all of these cases, there are several options for you to consider, and several brands and styles.
The Options Available to You
Is a whole-house system better for you than a zoned system? A zoned system is great for allowing you to control areas of the home as people move around during the day. However, adding a programmable thermostat to the current system may do the trick if everyone leaves the home during the day. Is it possible that the addition of a stand-alone unit would solve the issue of heating and cooling your new room addition simply? Is a bigger system needed? Should you get new ductwork? Our Mobile air conditioning replacement technicians can discuss these questions with you and help you settle on the best option for your home and your budget.
Are you considering a whole-house air cleaner or humidifier? These installations can be added to upgrade your current system, keeping your home cleaner and the air more comfortable.
Contact Us for AC Replacements Throughout Mobile, AL
We have the knowledge to help you with your design and implementation. Bring us your needs and ideas and let us see what we can bring to the table to maximize the total package. Our technicians are highly trained and can carry out the plan our design team puts together. They will show up on time, be there every day, and remain respectful of your time while efficient in their work.
Our Mobile AC replacement technicians consistently receive high praise for their treatment of our customers. Many of our current customers will even ask for our techs by name based on prior performance. When we are done, we want your space to be comfortable, consistent, efficient, effective, and clean.