Duct Cleaning Services in Mobile
Quality HVAC Solutions for All of Baldwin County
If you can’t see it, it must not exist. This seems to be the attitude concerning the most neglected part of your home heating and cooling systems – the ducts. Duct work is the vehicle for carrying the air to the entire house or business. It changes an area heater into a whole-house furnace by distributing the heat where it is needed. Also included in the system are the return ducts, which recycle the air in the home and replace it with warmer air in winter or cooler air in summer.
With all the air moving in your duct work, it is easy to understand how dust and dirt would settle in the ducts, causing build up. As the air circulates, moving this accumulation around, the quality of the air in the home or business will suffer. The furnace and air conditioner also will work harder to move the air as the ducts become restricted. Daycool Heating & Air offers duct cleaning services in Mobile, Saraland, Fairhope, Daphne, and the surrounding areas that will ensure your system doesn’t have to work overtime.
Contact us today at (251) 260-3858 for a free estimate on duct cleaning and our other indoor air quality services in Mobile. We proudly service all of Baldwin County.
The Dangers of Dirt & Dust
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association claims that an average six-room home will collect 40 pounds of dust and dirt, with all the associated mites, mildew, and mold, over the course of every year. Even in the worst cities, the air in your home is several times more polluted than the outside air. Remember smog alerts? Would we have to issue one for your home if we tested the air?
There are also a few special circumstances where duct cleaning is considered a must:
- Infestations — If you have had rodents take up residence in the warmth of your ductwork, you will know as soon as you cycle the fans and blow air through. This calls for duct cleaning in the worst way. Only after you experience this phenomenon will you understand how quickly you will want your duct work cleaned.
- Lead remediation — Another reason for duct cleaning is if you have had lead remediation or removal. This professional service removes any paint with a lead base. The next step is a good cleaning, including duct work.
- Mold issues — Mold in the home is another reason for duct cleaning. The last thing you really want is to move mold spores all over the home, so get the mold taken care of, and get the ducts cleaned of any mold waiting to be redistributed through your home or business.
Why You Need Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
Your laundry dryer is equipped with a little filter to collect lint every time it runs a load of laundry. You have certainly seen and cleaned this filter. Usually, you pull it out of near the front of the machine, use your fingers to collect and discard the lint, and replace the filter. When the filter is full of lint, it poses as a fire hazard to run the dryer due to the machine clogging, overheating, and catching that lint on fire.
However, this little filter does not trap all of the lint that drying your laundry produces. The majority of lint that comes off your clothing makes it past this filter and collects in your dryer’s exhaust vent or pipe. As time goes on, lint will continue to collect in the vent, eventually clogging and posing an even more significant fire hazard.
To keep your home and family safe from fire hazards, you need to have your dryer vent cleaned by a professional from time to time. At Daycool Heating & Air, we have the tools and training required to quickly and effectively clean out dryer vents.
We recommend you get a dryer vent cleaning on this schedule:
- At least once every two years for single-person households
- At least once a year for two-person households
- At least twice a year for homes with multiple children
Basically, the more often you run your laundry, the more often you should have the vent cleaned. It is the only way to be certain that you aren’t putting your family at risk of a fire each time you run the dryer.
Trust Our Dedicated Team
When Daycool Heating & Air is done cleaning the ducts and associated units, you should notice that the air is cleaner. You also may see a drop in the energy bills. Our Mobile indoor air quality technicians are trained in this service and are thorough and efficient. They will get the job done right and be respectful of your time and property. We have a reputation with our customers, and we expect to maintain that reputation as long as we are in business.
Call our Mobile HVAC team for your duct cleaning needs today at (251) 260-3858 or complete our contact form to have one of our team members contact you.