When winter ends and spring begins, people love the idea of flowers blooming and warmer weather arriving. However, the onset of allergy season is a major concern for individuals that suffer from sneezing, runny nose, and wheezing because of pollen and other allergens. Even when people stay indoors, the possibility of compromised indoor air quality is real.
To help those with chronic allergies survive the difficult spring season, here are some helpful tips to improve your indoor air quality:
- Have people bathe every time they come in from the outside – Pollen and other allergens can stick to skin, hair, and clothing. Having people bathe and put used clothes in the laundry as soon as they get home will reduce the chances of contaminants being released into the air inside your home.
- Install a filtration system for your ductwork – While your ducts already have filters in them, installing a more efficient filtration system with finer, high-quality filters may help. You can also install an air cleaning system into your ducts to prevent particulates from ever entering your home via your HVAC system.
- Clean filters more frequently – Regular cleaning of your AC filters is crucial. For homes with people who have chronic allergies, cleaning once every two months during pollen season is a good idea. For other times of the year, once every 6 months will do.
- Regular cleaning of your home is a must – During the spring, more frequent cleaning of your home is needed to remove dust, dander, pollen, and other contaminants from your home. You should have regular cleanings at least once per week. Wash curtains, change bedsheets, and vacuum carpets weekly to also reduce the chances of contaminants affecting indoor air quality.
- Have your ducts cleaned before spring arrives – Another thing you need to do to ensure that no contaminants are launched into your home during allergy season is to have your ductwork cleaned. This will remove any accumulated dirt in them, which may include rodent droppings, mold, mildew, and other similar pollutants.
Contact Day Cool Air to Help With Improving Indoor Air Quality
If you need additional help in improving the indoor air quality of your home in Mobile & Baldwin County, AL, you should contact the experts at Day Cool Air. We can offer you a number of solutions for improving the quality of the air inside your home. Aside from cleaning your ducts, we can also help seal your ducts to remove any holes that may allow contaminants into your home. We can even help locate these holes for you with our UV light duct leakage detection and even suggest better HVAC systems for your home
Find out how we can help you reduce contaminants in the air inside your home during spring by contacting us at 251-260-3858 today.